May 18, 2008

What a weekend!

Saturday

7am....hit the pavement with Edie...Thanks Edie!

8:30...Garage sale where I bought THE CUTEST BEACH CRUISER BIKE for a 10 year old girl...too bad I don't have one of those!

12 noon... Preschool wrap-up picnic at Washington Park. If you haven't been up there in a while, you ought to - it's a great park complete with 3 inch deep creek that has magnetic powers on little boys! We over stayed over played and got over sunned...it felt SO GOOD!
4pm...pedi's with my sisters! Then the Atom hatched open and we had dinner with my nuclear family. We all piled into my mom's car and cruised the two houses we lived in while growing up! It was so much fun! I LOVE MY PEOPLE!
Sunday
A wild hair and my crazy friend Misty convinced us to join them at the Dugway Geode Beds. We thought it was a 90 minute drive and then got there 3 1/2 hours later had a great hour of play and then drove the 3 1/2 hour ride home! Longest day of my life...7 hours in the car with 5 kids (our friends came with us, that was the day's saving grace!) We brought home a box full of whole and pieces of fantastic geodes!

We ran to my Mom's for Sunday dinner and now I'm SO glad to be home! What a Weekend!

13 comments:

tiburon said...

Where is that geode place?! I have to take my kids - they would go cuckoo!! Sounds like a great weekend :)

Debbie said...

I bet you are so tired. Good luck with the kids today because they are probably exhausted also. The geodes are great!

Hannah said...

Sounds like so much fun!! It is always nice coming home, though!

Shauna said...

I love that the Atom hatched open. It was so fun Saturday night, Kam and I both felt so happy driving home, it was fun.

Lisa Cannon said...

What a great weekend. I want a beach cruiser for myself. So, if you ever see one out in your garage sale adventures...

Where is that geodes place? My kids would love it, too. And, where is Washington Park? Never even heard of it, but the boys would love it (when Will gets his cast of, of course)!

Andrea W. said...

Nothing better than pedicures with sisters! Also, had no idea that Dugway Geode place existed, what a fun adventure (minus the drive!)

carly k said...

I want a beach cruiser bike!! Me jealous!

rachel said...

Micah had soooo much fun :) Thanks for inviting my guys!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am glad you experienced that Geode place for me. ;) Saturday night was a blast!

Suzie said...

you may have the best attitude around, Beck!

and your people are very wonderful!

Mindi said...

7 hour roadtrip with 5 kids??? where do i sign up???!!!

Anners said...

You are a brave little toaster. Glad you had fun at the rock bed! That must be a boy thing - the geodes.

p.s. I know it's hard to believe but someday all too soon T-Birdie will be cruising on the g-sale bike & wanting a pedicure too (:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Wow, AZ doesn't have anything cool like a geode bed!! That's awesome! It look like your kiddos enjoyed it! You're so lucky you have sisters to go out and get pedicures with. Girls night out is a great way to spend a weekend!