January 28, 2008

Great Quote, thanks Shauna

After hearing of the passing of the prophet, I feel solace in knowing that he has returned to his wife that he cherished dearly. With Shauna's help, we found a great quote from Marjorie Hinckley that sums up their lives together as well as how I want to live mine...

"I don't want to show up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon with mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want there to be grass stains on my shoes from mowing Mrs. Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and I really lived!" (Marjorie Pay Hinckley)

YEP!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Beck, and it is truly how I want to be. Hang in there with your sweet "Bird" and buy yourself a poncho.

The Gatherum Family said...

Such a great quote from a truly great lady! I love it1

Unknown said...

love that quote! and i will miss that man!

Debbie said...

That is an amazing quote. I watched a video of her once and she was so real. Great woman and great man. Thanks, Becky.

Morgan Memories said...

Amen Sister! I thought of their reunion and smiled!

Lisa Cannon said...

That is how I want to be too. Hopefully we can all strive to be like her :)

Tiina said...

Great quote! Thank you Bec!

amanda said...

I love that quote. I emailed it to my family. I love Marjorie Hinckley. She is someone I look up to so much. Thanks for that.

Lane said...

This quote stayed with me all week. It perfectly sums up the marvelous, marvelous lives of the Hinkleys. Thanks for this. And thanks for your nice note on my blog! Glad I found you.