February 22, 2008

Okay, THE SOUP!

We really do call it that..."The Soup". Anyway, its really Wild Rice and Chicken. I got it here. (BEST cooking magazine EVER! because no ads AND every recipe has the recipe for a suggested side dish...Love that!) Thanks, Jen, for introducing me!


Wild Rice and Chicken soup (you so won't regret it)
Saute in 2T butter
1 cup diced ham
for about 4 minutes, then add
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced celery
reduce your heat to med-low and sweat your veggies until they are tender, about 7 minutes.
Then stir in 2 T. flour to coat veggies. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Deglaze with 3 T. dry sherry, scraping up bits from the bottom of the pot.
Add
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
2 cups cooked wild rice
2 t. minced fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and finish with 1 cup whole milk.
Garnish with toasted sliced almonds!
The side they offered with this soup is homemade scones and they were fabulous too!
It is seriously the Best Soup EVER. So, if you aren't already totally souped out, give it a try!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm, that does sound fabulous! thanks!

The Gatherum Family said...

YUM, I am going to make it next week! Thanks Becky.

Lisa Cannon said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will try it, maybe next week. Another great magazine is Cooks Country. It is a great magazine with normal recipe's - not any hard to find ingredients and very "comfort food"ish.

Are you feeling better? Do you guys want to go to dinner tomorrow night?

Christina said...

That looks yum! Thanks for the recipe. :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love that recipe, even if I improvise ;).

Blogging on a trip?! I am so addicted. :)

amanda said...

It sounds delicious. I'll give it a try. Thanks!!

Debbie said...

KEEPER!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe Beck, I have heard a lot about this soup.

Mindi said...

gonna try it. i suck at soups but this sounds good so i am gonna give it my all.

carly k said...

hhhmmmm...I love a good soup!! Sounds like I need to try this one if you love it so much!!