November 1, 2007

'Tis the Season of Giving Thanks


This year has posed the challenge of getting 4 people dressed, fed and out the door by 8:15. Being a morning person, the waking part is no big deal (thanks in part to my two little roosters!) But I hate the frazzled pace. I find my mind wandering to my favorite parts of the day. The first, of course, is dinner time. I don't mean making dinner, I mean the moment before the negotiating with picky eaters begins. That moment when we first sit down together. It's as if my little house sighs and time (and the boys) hold still for a minute. Anyway, Let's dedicate November to being grateful...I'm grateful for dinner time with my little family! What's yours?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so grateful for the people in my family both below and above. I am grateful for this beautiful earth that supports us all. Mom

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am grateful to have a bloggin sista and I am grateful for bed time.

Also I am not grateful that your blog doesn't except anonymous comments.

amanda said...

I'm grateful for a house and a garage so I don't have to scrape my car in the morning. And a car that has a heater (even if it is a minivan) so my kids don't have to freeze. Simple I know but I was grateful to tears the other morning when I could jump in my car and go. I'm always running late as it is with 3 kids to get ready; you know how that goes.

Morgan Memories said...

I love this time of year when we do a thankful tree with things are kids are thankful for. It primes them for when Aunt Leslie asks them at Thanksgiving.

I also love dinner time together. Even when the milk spills!